Daily life in our home
In order to help create a homely and warm atmosphere we organise events such as:
- Tenants meetings which are very well attended. Tenants have the opportunity to meet interesting guests, listen to interesting reports, poems or share jokes. An important part of these meetings are St.Anthony’s currents events, plans for the future, renovation plans etc. Tenants have the opportunity to share their views on the whole variety of matters which occur at St.Anthony’s, to discuss and resolve any issues/problems they may have.
- Christmas Eve always very well attended with Christmas greetings, Carol singing and traditional Polish food (Wigilia)
- Easter blessings when tenants gather together and according to the Polish tradition share greetings.
- Each year during the summer we organise trips to interesting places. Till now we have visited Laxton Hall, Wesley Gardens, Leonardslee Gardens, Hampton Court and Bournemouth.
ADDITIONAL AREAS FOR RESIDENTS USE:
- Guest room for visitors who may wish to stay overnight (a fee applies)
- Common room which is a centre of social gatherings where you can enjoy tea, coffee, parties and other activities
- Laundry room with a washing machine and tumble drier which can be used for a small charge by obtaining a token from the warden
- Chapel where Masses take place every Sunday
- Polish TV channels in each flat
- Passenger lift which helps if you have heavy shopping or difficulty walking
- Garden with benches where residents can sit and relax in the summer time